Monday, December 08, 2003

Well the Pens managed to lose that game 4-3 and then get blown out by Calgary the next night 6-1. Hopefully they can salvage the last couple points on the road and limp home mostly intact. Not much else is going on around here. We're trying to get the Christmas cards done and sent. (Which reminds me...I need addresses for you and you.
We haven't put the tree up yet, but I'm sure that's on it's way. I need to finish up the last of the Christmas gift stuff. The upstairs looks like some sort of weird tornado hit it recently. There's an upheaval of furniture. Stuff that used to be in one room is now in another and a general displacement of crap.
We also found out that our friend Niki is pregnant. She's due in July. I'm going to be surrounded by kids. By this time next year, God willing, we'll have three more little ones to contend with in the general vicinity of our friends.
Anyway, not too much else tonight. Although if you get a chance give the new Battlestar Galactica a chance. I'm not completely sold on it (and I have yet to see anything resembling a daggit), but it wasn't bad and Edward James Olmos turned in a pretty good performance in the Lorne Greene part. There's a completely different dynamic from the old show. It makes me want to buy the box set to compare. A guy at work has it and was pointing out how much footage was reused from show to show. And although I'm called a purist in the pursuit of movie, tv, and music excellence I do look at those old shows in the context that they were meant. I reflect on the era produced and marvel at the technology of the time. That's why in addition to the re-done Star Wars movies, I also have copies of the originals. I remember watching Battlestar Galactica with my parents and wanting a daggit so badly and at the time not understanding why I couldn't have one. Now understand, the tv show ran from 78-79 and I was four going on five. I'm lucky I can remember watching the show.
Anyway, if you get a chance check it out. Like I said above, there are a lot of differences and I'm not sold on it, but it looks promising.

No comments: