Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Where exactly does time go. When I was a kid I remember waking up one morning and seeing that it was pouring down rain. I started reading a library book I had checked out. I finished it. I started a second one. I finished it. I made my mother brave the rain to take me to the library. I got more books. I started a third one. I finished it. I started a fourth one. I finished it. Then I had dinner watched television and went to bed where I started a fifth book. Today while I was sitting in traffic I managed to read a paragraph and I celebrated my little victory. Granted, I didn't have this computer around back then, but even still I log on, skim my email, click through the blogs to the right hand side, and two hours is gone. I just don't understand it. It's not that I've suddenly entered a time warp because some days at work still drag on forever and ever, but lately there isn't enough time to even evaluate all the stuff I'd like to get done never mind actually trying to get it done. And we're still talking seriously about a second child. I have no idea. Maybe it's my personality that I just have to have stuff stacked up to do, but it's not like it shouldn't get done. It's not like I've decided to revisit my baseball card collection from the ninth grade, go through, have it graded and sell it on ebay. I'm trying to go through mail that has shown up in my house in the past week, pull out the bills, and get them paid.

No comments: