Sunday, September 10, 2006

Several of Terri's relatives were in town for the Steeler's opener and a couple of them stuck around so Friday night we headed down to my in-laws to have dinner and hang out. Since several of them are Pitt graduates, they had the Pitt game on. We were watching Gage run around outside playing with a new pet goose and having fun. When it got dark, he came inside and was showing off for the new people. We heard the ABC's, counting, parts of the body, days of the week, lots of songs and various other things that he knows. Terri's Aunt Kathy started to laugh. She had been dismissing my mother-in-law in several phone conversations..."Sure, Gage is a bright boy. I totally believe you." After listening to him for a couple of hours she was amazed at his vocabulary and knowledge. It's nice to have validation. It makes me feel like one thing is going correctly in my life currently. Of course, I probably can't actually take credit for any of Gage's good things. I'm probably more to blame for the temper and insomnia.

No comments: