Saturday, September 09, 2006

I'm not sure why, but I'm certainly a sucker for the countdown type shows. Over the past couple days, I've had the 20 great Southern Rock songs countdown and AFI's 100 Years 100 Cheers movie countdown. I may not always agree with the choices, but I usually come across something that I should pick up for my own collection or something I may have missed entirely. My complaint with most of these shows are the talking heads. Usually they manage to get people who were somehow connected or purport to be "experts" in whatever field that they happen to be covering. But, then they have these random people and you have to wonder why. Why exactly do they have Jessica Alba commenting on inspirational movies? Was the Fantastic Four just itching to crack into the top ten? I'm not even sure it could crack into the top million. Melissa Etheridge? At least Ralph Macchio had a reason to be there. The Karate Kid clocked in at #98. Sean Astin got to stick around because Rudy clocked in at #54. Oh well. Although I'm not sure that Babe deserves a place and Miracle does not, but I'm a little biased in that case.

No comments: