Monday, September 11, 2006

5 years. I know that people always talk about the events that stand out so much in history that one can remember where they were, what they were wearing, and to some extent a lot of little ordinary details that it's difficult to retain on any other day. Sure I remember where I was. I remember who I was with. I remember watching news channels hoping for the calming voice, the one that would tell me that everything was fine. But everything wasn't fine. And in a lot of ways things haven't been the same since. There are a lot of theorists that point to evidence forewarning of us that day 5 years ago. Could it have been prevented? I don't know. I can't say. I do know that hindsight's 20/20 and instead of laying blame and pointing fingers in a partisan country, the legacy of that day should be what it was on that day 5 years ago. One America. Bruised, battered, but never broken. Agree or disagree with whatever political party you ascribe to, but know that at the heart of all of it, we're Americans. Yankees, Rebels, Rednecks, Yuppies, Left, Right, Center, Wackos, Straight, Gay, Confused, it doesn't matter. This day should serve to make America..."one nation, under God, indivisble, with liberty and justice for all"

No comments: