Sunday, September 17, 2006

On Thursday night we headed to the Warner's house for dinner. Gage had resisted napping all day so, of course, he fell asleep before we got there. So, Katie had to wait for her playmate to wake up. Andrew is getting big and crawls very quickly. Gage and Katie seemed to have a wonderful time playing together. We managed to get hold of someone at the Mutchler household and that someone was, Alison! She's home. Still not 100%, but getting there. So that was good news.
Friday I left work early and went to the memorial service that Carnegie Mellon held for the 7 alumni who were lost 5 years ago on September 11th. Oddly enough I ran into a very old friend, Erik Larson, that I hadn't seen in quite a while. So, I got to catch up with Erik and be swayed toward doing more alumni related things for the University. Erik is on the board of directors or some such council. I guess I probably should consider it. I certainly don't have the money to pour back into the University, I guess I should give it some time. After that, I drove home, picked up Terri and Gage and headed out to our Pastor's house for a meeting of the 20's and 30's. Our church is very small so they are attempting to group us together in order to have us become more invovled in the life of the church. It was interesting to actually interact with them on a social level. It was a point that was brought up at the meeting. We certainly know one another to see each other, but we didn't really interact on any level other than, "Hi, how are you?" I learned a lot during the meeting.
Saturday I ended up getting a call early in the morning from my brother asking for help rearranging things in his storage locker. I found out that my mother's washer had broken and the service guy couldn't make it til Thursday. So my brother wanted to get his washer out of storage until Thursday and then switch them back. The problem is that his washing machine was all the way in the back. Before I could talk him out of it, he was already there and had a large pathway uncovered toward it. So for the next several hours we hoisted boxes and furniture around and over and through the maze of things in order to free up a washing machine for 4 days that, when we arrived home, I realized he hadn't asked my parents about. Sometimes I wonder about my family.

No comments: