Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Well, there's potential for the Western Conference to be decided tonight. That means only two more series left before hockey is over for the year. Hopefully Gage is able to come to terms with the off-season. Otherwise we'll be watching a lot of taped games, the Mighty Ducks, Slapshot, etc. this summer.
With his second birthday fast approaching, I get to look back and see how much input that Terri and I have had in his life. (Believe me, you aren't the only ones scared by that thought, it terrifies me) In this ever changing, and seemingly shorter attention span world, there are also things that I already lament for him. It saddens me that he'll never see Mario Lemieux skate live in a hockey game and score a goal. It saddens me that he'll simply count to 10 without thinking about it. (No, I don't think about it, but nearly every one around my age group counts in the following manner) It saddens me that his television is permeated by reality and his reality is permeated by violence and political unrest.
It will be interesting to see how many "city" friends make it out to the sticks for Gage's party. Culture shock will abound.

No comments: