Thursday, May 25, 2006

In what seems like the blink of an eye, we've advanced from a Saturday afternoon in the early fall of 2003 to May of 2006 and in that time, we've gone through a pregnancy and advanced a child to the age of 2. Going back to campus for Susie's graduation didn't make me feel as old as I thought it would. There are times during buggy where I feel ancient. The reality is, I'm fairly young in the grand scheme of things. And yet almost 3 years have flashed by so fast it's become merely anecdotal (did I tell you about the day we found out we were pregnant, about when my office found out we were pregnant, about when we told our families, about making it to the hospital, about life-saving friends, about Gage's almost first trip out of the house, about his first word, about comparisons to Michigan J. Frog, about his hockey obsession, his Bert and Ernie obsession, and on and on).
The Pens have named Ray Shero as the new GM. I have no real comment on that. I know very little about the man. Although his dad apparently coached Philadelphia to their only two Stanley Cups, but seriously that was what...87 years ago?

No comments: