Wednesday, May 24, 2006

So I'm in the middle of a tense third period between Buffalo and Carolina. Carolina has just pulled within one in Buffalo's building. The fans are screaming, Edzo is straining to be heard above all the noise and Terri yells, turn on 53 (which is the Fox affiliate in our area for those not in the know), so I flip the station expecting to find the news story about the rail road trestle we were discussing earlier. Instead I find Prince, yes Prince, on American Idol. I hesitate to comment any further since I'm still in quite a bit of shock. Of course about 10 seconds after Terri yelled downstairs, Tom IM'd me with the same information. I'm just glad to see that he didn't actually stop to associate with anyone on the show especially that seacrest jackass.
I'm interested in seeing the Neilson numbers to see how many people, who for the most part could care less, tuned in at 9:55 and tuned out as soon as the first syllable of the winner's name came out of the jackass's mouth. I tuned in only slightly earlier just because of the Prince song.
Thankfully I didn't miss the end of the game. Great hockey. It's interesting, I certainly have players that I can point to on each time that I'd love to see win the cup (Recchi, Rollie, Giguere, Tarnstrom, etc.) but I don't have a strong strong affinity toward any one team. So, I'm basically just enjoying some great hockey. Tomorrow night, Edmonton has a shot to close out their series which would be impressive considering how many players that they have currently affected with flu-like symptoms.
I found out today that I apparently look like shit when I go into work most of the time. How did I find that out, you ask? Well, I put on a shirt and tie to soothe a client and all day long people kept saying, "Boy, you look nice today."

No comments: