Monday, February 06, 2006

It's over. Almost. Tomorrow is the rally and then hopefully things will get back to normal. And it will be, at a minimum, 2010 before I hear any idiot yelling, "One for the thumb."
We headed to Mitch's house for the Superbowl and realized we were pretty close to having an anti-football party. No one there was really a "fan" per se. I think we did pretty well though.
The ride home was pretty tame, lots of horn honking and towels flapping out the various windows. Of course, we didn't have to travel through Oakland, the Strip, or the South Side.
So, Tom wanted to make sure that he got hold of some Steeler's crap so I said I'd go out and pick some up. I managed to get the hat with no problem, but I couldn't locate the particular shirt right away. So, I decided to take a quick run out to the Pointe and check out the Dick's Sporting Goods store out there. Now, I didn't find the particular shirt but I did have a random sports figure sighting. Yes, I saw ex-Pirates manager Jim Leyland who is now the manager of the Detroit Tigers. Tom Selleck must be proud. I know he's 60, but the way he was wandering around the store, he kind of looked like he was in the later stages of dementia and couldn't find his way out of the store. Hopefully he'll look a little more coherent or Craig will be having the same type of baseball season that I'm having with the current hockey season.

No comments: