Friday, February 10, 2006

The best team in the Eastern Conference against the worst team in the NHL. I almost watched the Opening Ceremonies. Yet somehow I just couldn't give up on the Pens. No matter how badly they get battered, they are still my team to root for. Win, lose, playoff, or golf I'm watching. And I only wish that was enough to ensure that the team was going to be here long enough for my son to do the same.
I just hope they fare as well tomorrow against the Penguin's favorite whipping boys, The Washington Capitals.
This article has an interesting quote from former Penguins goaltender Garth Snow. If you scroll all the way to the bottom you can see this...
"Mario was the best ever. Honestly, I have this argument with everyone. If you swapped him with Gretzky, and put Lemieux on that team with Jari Kurri and Glenn Anderson and Mark Messier and Paul Coffey, he'd be the one with all those records. Can you imagine him on that team?" - Islanders G Garth Snow
I'm just sayin'.

No comments: