Friday, June 02, 2006

So Tom emails me today and says that Edmonton has their rink booked with Dora the Explorer for the same day and time that, if necessary, Game 6 would occur on. I think it would be funny to see both of them on the ice at the same time. Dora is coming through the neutral zone...ouch...right in the backpack. That's gotta hurt. She's probably gonna send in Benny the Bull to be a goon. Hopefully the Map will be able to diagram some good plays.
So I was poking around today and found out that today is Dana Carvey's 51st birthday. Wow. I would have thought early to mid-40's. Damn.
Tomorrow we're headed out to the Warners for a barbecue with Randy's new grill. Of course, that's if Randy gets it put together correctly (his words, not mine. I have the utmost confidence that it will get done right)
So, I may have sporadic postings over the next week. I decided to jump into the late 90's and get DSL as opposed to the dial-up that I've been working on. Am I dissatisfied with the dial-up? Nope. However, I can use VPN from work if I get DSL (since dial-up can't handle the encryption). This means that I'll have home access to everything that I would have at work so if I do run into the situation where I'm stuck working on stuff at home, I'll be able to fully complete each project instead of just doing 3/4 of it here and finishing at work.
When we moved into the house where we currently live, we put in phone lines and put together a plan that benefited us at the time. Upon closer inspection, we don't need three phone lines and a ton of extras that we aren't getting our money's worth from anymore. So, I dropped the extra two phone lines, ordered DSL and as soon as it's up and running I'll drop the dial-up. Since I don't know when that will happen, I may be on and off this week.

No comments: