Monday, June 19, 2006

Game 7 Baby!!!!
I'm sorry, when you watch two teams battle it out and trade wins (or in this case battle back to even things up) it's amazing to watch the last game. This really is for all the marbles, the whole enchilada, the whole ball of wax. It doesn't matter who wins because someone is going to be skating the Stanley Cup this evening (or at the very least early early tomorrow) and someone will be headed home empty handed. 7-10 preseason games, 82 regular season games and anywhere from 16 to 28 postseason games. That takes approximately 3/4 of a year.
One of my favorite things about hockey games is hearing both anthems sung before the game. I don't know. I'm not Canadian and probably won't be Canadian, but I know the words to their anthem just as well as I know my own. And for the 7th time in this series I got to hear both anthems sung before each game. And I got to watch as fans from both teams showed tremendous respect in singing along with both anthems. It shows patriotism in a wonderful light for both countries.
Now, I don't have anything riding on the outcome and I'm not overly pulling for one team as opposed to the other so there's no real way to end up disappointed, but wow what a great hockey series.
Tomorrow I'm taking a well-deserved day off of work and heading with Gage, Terri and my parents out to Idlewild. It should be a lot more interesting this year since Gage is wildly mobile and into everything.

No comments: