Thursday, June 22, 2006

I've been at my current job a little over a year and a half. I've been in my current position a little over a month and a half and with the flux going on around me, I'm being looked at as the "senior" member of the Project Management staff. Sure, you can laugh. I certainly did when they mentioned it to me. In addition to all of the meetings, administrative tasks, emails, client calls, and oh yeah, the actual work, I'm also expected to train, help train, and troubleshoot for the other 4 teams. Mark and I are basically building a department of 10 from the ground up and both of us are still months shy of hitting the 2 year plateau with the company. And, I know I've been complaining and whining as of late, but for the most part I really do like my job. I've actually trained myself to think before coffee, be pleasant on the phone, and not actually say the word "Jackass" out loud to anyone above me. All in all, I think I'm doing ok. I still have a sound byte from the Wizard of Oz on my desktop, though. I couldn't let that go.
Well, nobody actually expected him to win it, but Sidney Crosby did not win Rookie of the Year. Alexander Ovechkin won. Dion Phaneuf had basically no chance and I think even he realized that. The award show was kind of disappointing overall. I'm not sure what they were going for, but it was very Canada centric (ok, it was in Vancouver, but you don't want to alienate anyone, do you?) All in all a good show. Even though Jagr won an award it was still ok.

No comments: