Thursday, July 28, 2005

So, there were two things that I forgot to mention yesterday.
One of the guys on our multimedia team is a young guy. He recently graduated from the Art Institute and this is his first professional job. He's a nice guy, but rather dim in the ways of the world on occasion. The other morning he ran out of gas on his way to work, and that's not even the best part. In order to remedy his situation he called 911. Yes, 911. Don't worry, he's still being teased about it. In the middle of the day, he was paged over the intercom to extension 911. No one in our group could look at him without bursting into laughter. We all want to know why he called 911, but no one can keep a straight face long enough to ask.
The second comes from Columbia House. They've decided to screw me over one last time. I say one last time, not because I'm cancelling my multiple memberships, but because they are going out of business and shuffling all their customers over to BMG (with whom I already have other multiple memberships). How does this screw me over, you ask? Well even if you didn't ask I'm still going to tell you. Over the years through various complaints and problems that I've had with Columbia House I've amassed a dozen or so free cd vouchers. Now I have to sit down with a catalog and my cd lists and come up with a ton of cds that I'd like to get for free. Well, almost free. By the time they get done ripping me off for processing and shipping it'll be like buying them used.
Speaking of buying used things, thanks to a little memory prodding from Susiezy I managed to make it over to a small alumni run non-profit bookstore for Bryn Mawr and Vassar. They close in August for vacations and inventory so the last couple weeks of July they have increasingly better sales. 11 books less than $5.00. I managed to pick off another six or seven from my book lists. Good day.

No comments: