Wednesday, July 27, 2005

There's a house that Terri and I pass on our way to certain stores that we always joke about buying if it ever comes on the market. Well, the last time I drove past it, there was a big honkin' For Sale sign in the front yard. So, when I got home, I looked it up, just to see. Anyone got a spare million or two? Terri estimated 600,000. I said closer to 800,000. Turns out together we were still over half a million off. Such is life. I guess we'll just have to look for something a little more in our price range.
I saw this article in my daily skimming and it almost made me snort dr. pepper out my nose. The first sentence really did me in. "...loud music coming from a buggy..." Through a bizarre set of circumstances and in-jokes, all I could hear was Peaches come from a can. They were put there by a man, in a factory, downtown.
Anyway, moving right down the list of strange stuff I found this morning this guy is accused of neglecting his mother's health in the role of primary care giver. He was providing care in exchange for her social security checks and her pension, which he used to pay his lease. Now, obviously this guy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. I mean, if your mother struck that deal with you and you were actually benefiting from the money, wouldn't you take extra special care of her? Even if you were a jackass and you were only in it for the money. Wouldn't you want to make sure that the money didn't run out, which is the outcome neglect and death would bring about? Moron.
The Pens released their season schedule today. I can't tell you what I'm doing after work, but I can damn sure tell you where I'm going to be at 7:30 on Saturday October 8th, 2005. And, depending on cash flow issues, as many dates thereafter that I can swing. Lord Stanley is comin' home to Pittsburgh!
Matt sent me this article in response to this, this, and this. Perhaps if Congress had a bit more to take up their time they wouldn't have to bother with video games. Perhaps they should concentrate a little more on the Supreme Court nomination and handling that in a fair, unbiased manner. Perhaps they should tend to the war in Iraq and the growing concerns with terrorist attacks in London and elsewhere. Perhaps they should all stop trying to present themselves as a party candidate for the Presidential race in 2008.
This just falls under the heading, "Bizarre."
Craig had mentioned things in society/pop culture that you personally rail against but the vast majority seem to like. I started thinking about it and the list is way too long to spell it all out, but I'll give it a try.
Some television shows
The Sopranos, Sex in the City, Seinfeld, Ally McBeal, Desperate Housewives...I've seen episodes of all these shows and not one has been able to spark my attention for more than a snippet of dialogue.
Some movies
Oceans 12, Charlie's Angels, Harry Potter 3...how can you take good base material to work from and churn out shit like this?
I'm sure I'll get to more later, but that's enough for now.

No comments: