Thursday, July 14, 2005

So, we stuck close to home this past weekend. My dad fixed our lawnmower and dropped it off on Saturday. So, while they were playing with Gage, Terri and I took the opportunity to get some housework done. I finally got tired of tripping over the stacks of books that needed to be assimilated into the collection so I bit the bullet and started work in the library. I spent about 6 hours working in there on Saturday, another 3 hours on Sunday, 2 hours Monday, and I finally finished up Tuesday night. My rough count pins about 190-225 new books. Assimilation required some furniture moving and some creative housekeeping. It also required some major diversion in the entertainment department. Which gave me just the excuse I needed to make a dent in all the movies that I borrowed from Tom. So, I managed to clear 6 1/2 movies during my time in the library. Now, keep in mind whose collection these came from when looking at the caliber of cinematic delight.
I'll list these in order watched since enjoyment might be difficult to measure.
1. Dancing at the Blue Iguana I really didn't think that any movie could possibly make the naked female form more unappealing than this movie, but I was wrong. At least Showgirls had Gina to keep me entertained. The only potential redemption for Iguana was Sandra Oh and even she couldn't pull it off unfortunately.
2. Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star This was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The cameos of actual child stars put this directly into watchability.
3. Dorm Daze Oddly enough this movie was a lot more enjoyable than I expected. This movie had the plot basis of the older intelligent comedy of hollywood where everything ends up interconnected with a ton of little twists, turns, and of course, misunderstandings. Plus Danielle as a gossip-monger and drug addict.
4. Black Knight This movie was highly disappointing. The premise is quite overdone and even the black angle was done before.
5. Repli-Kate Typical. The premise is old and no new twists really. Although the sidekick, played by him was pretty good.
6. 100 Girls This wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be, but it did have it's moments.
While I was looking for some of the links I came across this. Why God Why?!?
Burning Question #2 Why does a radio station that claims to play hits from a catalog of two and a half decades have 3 different DJ's that play the same song (a remake from long ago) when the song itself is almost a year off the charts?
One little spot of corporate idiocy that I noticed (almost used the camera phone on this one). Subaru is touting this in all their new advertising. At the little hotel near our house, there was a trailer for the SUV. The hilarious part was that the trailer was being pulled by a Ford F250 pick-up.

No comments: