Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Ok, so I took the weekend off, shoot me. So after posting that we were taking Gage to Idlewild on Friday with my parents, Susiezy IM's me and says, "I know Gage is too little to do this, but Idlewild is where my nephew got lost." I didn't think much about it. Although Gage was walking it was always for a purpose. He was either walking to us, or to a particular place or toy. He hadn't really ever just walked off anywhere. Either there's some sort of force-field around the park or Susiezy was trying to curse me. We were sitting at an outdoor table near the water park and as I turned my head I see Gage talking off across the sidewalk. Thankfully his little legs are too short for him to get any kind of distance yet. But now he just walks when and where he wants. Nobody said that was part of the package. He's just supposed to walk where I want him to walk. None of this running off on his own jazz. Anyway, Gage loved the park. I think he rode the Merry-Go-Round 6 times. He also rode other assorted rides and went into the little baby pool with me. So, Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, and Gage had fun. Dad even managed to dust off his dart skills for a prize. Damn do I miss having an in-house dart-board though.
We went to my Uncle's house on Sunday for a little 4th of July get-together. The people a couple doors up from them were having a yard sale. They had one of these. Not quite that one, but similar. Apparently their grandchildren had grown out of it and they didn't have any use for it anymore. Terri made some remark about how nice it would be to have one of those for Gage and the next thing we knew my Uncle Bob was thrusting money into the guy's hand. So, on Sunday afternoon they delivered Gage's playhouse and he spent a couple hours going into the house, coming out of the house, opening the door, closing the door. So, Gage had a great weekend.
The 4th was pretty laid-back. Terri had to work so Gage and I hung out at home and tried to get some housework done. Then once it got dark we simply walked outside and watched some fireworks. Next year we might actually take Gage somewhere. Although he did better this year than last year. Last year he slept through everything.
This story has been picked up by every major news organization. I've seen it on ESPN, CNN, Sports Illustrated, MSN, the local papers, local sites, and half a dozen other places. I'd like to think this would vault Pittsburgh to the top of the heap when it comes to loyal sports fans, but I'm fairly certain there had to be crack involved somewhere along the way.
This might require some sort of intervention for Susiezy.
If this makes it into an actual court, I'm gonna start making my list of ridiculous lawsuits. And I think I might want this guy on my team of lawyers. Any idiot who thinks they can use that as a plausible defense is insane enough for me.
Thanks to those who have already donated to the Alzheimer's walk. Still plenty of time and I'll have more details as it gets closer to the actual date of the walk. As always, e-mail me if you're interested in donating.

No comments: