Thursday, June 30, 2005

With the temperature being so oppressively hot, it's hard to work upstairs in the library where the majority of my work needs to be done. So, I've been relegated to carrying things downstairs in pieces. So, I've had the TV on in the background, but again tonight I found something on that I had meant to see, but never managed to find the time for. I think most things happen for a purpose and when things like this happen it only confirms it more.
For those of you that haven't seen the movie I won't spoil the plot but one of the main themes is memory loss.
My Project Manager at work sent an e-mail inviting me to join her team to walk in support of research for Alzheimer's. Her step-father is in the very early stages and having read quite a bit about this disease, I know she's in for quite a few painful times in her life. So, Terri and I are signed up to walk with her and her family and help raise money. So, although more details will be forthcoming, if you'd like to donate send me an e-mail. The address is to the right if you just want to click on it.
"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."-Walt Whitman

No comments: