Tuesday, August 02, 2005

First off Happy 31st Birthday Tom!!!
Well after an enjoyable weekend of visiting with old friends and new ones and then last night watching children run all over the Warner's backyard you'd think I'd be pretty content. Well, I am, but apparently it has been decided that I shouldn't be. At some point last night, my other Grandmother had a stroke. No one knows what's going on yet, but it certainly threw the rest of my week into turmoil. My mother, relaying information from my aunt, who was relaying information from the doctors said that it doesn't look good. So I will most likely be making the trek back up to the Bradford area a lot sooner than I thought. 2005 is apparently not a good year for Grandmothers.
Several friends that I went to high school with have lost their grandmothers this year. Most recently a set of twins that I graduated with will be attending their grandmother's viewing this evening according to my hometown paper.
I know, I know...way to drag everyone down. Well, if you check out the right hand column, "For we are always what our situations hand us, it's either sadness or euphoria."

No comments: