Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Two things happened today, one expected and one completely out of the blue. One I understand, one I'll never understand.
First for the easy one, the expected one. Anyone have a guess? I'll give you a hint. It's time to play the music. It's time to light the lights. It's time to get things started on The Muppet Show tonight. That's right, the Muppet Show Season 1 came out today and it's sitting at my house tonight.
Also before I move on to the second one...Happy 31st Birthday Tom!!!!
Now, on to the other event of today. Terri had to pull some extra duty as program coordinator and work til 9:30 tonight. I work til 6:30. The problem arises when you discover your son's daycare closes at 6:00 and you are charged for every 5 minutes after that. So we arranged for my mom to pick up Gage and take care of him til I got home. She had a class for some teaching certification, but that ended at noon. So, around 1:00 she picked up Gage. Now, I thought she was going to our house, but she took him back to her house. So, at around 3:30 I decided to call and check to see how he was. There was no answer at our house, I couldn't reach Terri on her cell phone, and she wasn't answering her work phone. So, I decided to call my parent's house. Of course my mom answered. So after making sure that Gage was ok, I decided to chance asking whether or not they had heard anything about my grandmother. This is where event number 2 occurs. My uncle Donny had called and said that my grandmother was sitting up, talking, and responding. Now, I don't know if this is an all the time thing, or if it was a couple of isolated incidents, but I certainly sat up and took notice. For someone who was only given days to live, she's certainly during her damnest to piss off all her doctors before she decides to go on her terms. At this point I don't even know what to think or feel. 7 days ago, I was watching her laying motionless in a hospital bed with, what I thought at the time, was a 0 chance for survival or even recovery. Perhaps she just wanted to see everyoned one last time. I'll keep everyone posted as updates come in, but I'm sure they'll be all over the board.

No comments: