Monday, August 22, 2005

Two more work days til we leave for Bristol. Then once we're back, one month til Hockey. At this point, I've found that FSN is channel 628 and OLN is channel 608 and I'm ready to go.
In continuing with my dismissal of all things ESPN, I think they should remove their NHL page and commentary. If they don't give a rat's ass about televising the game, then why should the hockey loving community give a rat's ass about what they have to say.
I heard a joke on the radio yesterday that made me laugh so hard. Jim and Bob are sitting at the bar and Bob says to Jim, "The beer's on me tonight."
"Yeah, why are you being so generous?"
"You know that 72 Dodge Dart that I had in the yard with the busted tranny and missing back door?"
"Yeah, what about it?"
"It was stolen two days ago."
"Now who in their right mind would steal that car?"
"I don't know, but we got the insurance check for 30,000 today."
Choking on his beer, Jim turns to Bob and asks, "30,000? How in the hell was that car worth that much?"
"Well, it did have a full tank of gas in it when it was stolen."
What a wonderful commentary on today's society.

No comments: