Friday, May 13, 2005

Well what's left of Friday the 13th will be gone by the time you read this. Hopefully you're not a paraskevidekatriaphobe. I figured since I own a black cat, really...how much worse can it get?
This article struck me for three reasons. One, this guy brutally murdered 8 little girls and later realized the consequences of his actions. To this end, he refused all appeals and tried to speed up his execution. Sure, he should have probably been made to suffer a little more, but I can't believe how many people tried to override his wishes and keep him alive. I can almost guarantee that if somehow they had succeeded he would have attempted to hang himself in his own cell. It's like some bizarre twist on the Schiavo case. Two the state of execution. And, three the man's alma mater.
Not much else going on today. Terri and I made it through one whole week of yard work. I went out Mon, Wed, and today. She went out Tues and Thurs. So far, we've weedwhacked the hillside, moved off all the loose rocks off the sidewalk, cut about 1/4 of the lawn and pulled a small section of weeds by the patio. We'll get there eventually.
Tomorrow afternoon we're off to see Katherine Paterson give a lecture at the Carnegie Library. The series is for children, but if you listen to anyone's opinion of me, I'm still a big kid.

No comments: