Thursday, May 12, 2005

Well in keeping with learning something new every day, today I did something that I've never done before. I ripped a CD. It took about 4 1/2 minutes. I almost fell off my chair. Two clicks. Now I'm in the market for a new computer and the hard drive space to hold all my music. Here's where I could use some help. I'm looking for computer suggestions, storage suggestions, any kind of help.
I have approximately 2,000 CD's 1,000 or so tapes, 400 Vinyl albums, and about 200 8-
Tracks. Obviously I'm not going to be able to contain all that on one computer. So, is an external drive the way to go? So the computer have any special features or should I just get a barebones from here? Is this a PC or a Mac venture? Laptop, desktop? HP, Dell, Gateway, Apple? As you can tell...I'm clueless here.
Not much else going on here. A couple of people from work stopped over this evening and they're going to take some plant life out of my yard. I can't tell you how wonderful that is. Anything removed from the yard is one less thing that I may have to potentially take care of.
This is certainly a switch. (Although I'll preface this with the fact that the list has changed since I read it this morning and may change again). However, right now English, a major near and dear to my heart, is 2nd on the list. Computer Science...nowhere to be found. Sweet justice.

No comments: