Monday, May 23, 2005

So two years ago I had the "dreaded" high school reunion which I really enjoyed. I was on the planning committee and even the extremely drunken meeting was fun (though I wasn't much use at work the next day). Anyway, it all culminated in a really fun evening for everyone.
Today we found out that Terri's class is planning their reunion. The date...August 27th. We'll be here on August 27th. So as the people in Terri's class are sitting down to a dinner of warmed over chicken (they've done no fundraising) we'll be seated in the Waltrip section on Turn 4 watching 43 very determined drivers trying to tame the beast that is Bristol Motor Speedway. Those tickets aren't looking so bad now, huh hon?
So, I know everyone is expecting a big review of Star Wars. Well, you can go here. Or here. If you're interested in some in-depth analysis of the movie head to any of the numerous message boards or click here.
I have no spoilers to give other than the one that's been known since Episode II came out. And, that's my one big gripe in the movie. There's no mention of Han Solo. Not a glimpse, not a glimmer, nothing.
And, other than the fact that I had a very good lunch with friends and family on Saturday before seeing the movie and a relaxing evening afterwards, I have nothing else to say on the subject of Star Wars. It will not surpass any of the other 5 as my favorite of the six. A good movie experience.
Sunday among other things we went to get ice cream and this time we got Gage a baby cone. Let's just say that taste sensation will not be a problem for that little boy.

No comments: