Thursday, November 13, 2003

Well, the lights went out on broadway last night as the Rangers beat the Pens 6-2. I know everyone's pinning their hopes on Fleury, but um, we need to score too. Remember the good old days when we didn't even need a goalie or defense? We'd just outscore all the other teams. Now, we're 14 games into the season and we haven't even broken 10 points yets. The only bright spot was the fact that the Caps were below us, but now they've pulled even. Stupid Hurricanes. Where were you when we needed you Ron Francis?
I recently re-heard (is that even doable?) or once again came in contact with the phrase, "One monkey don't stop no show." What if it's a one monkey show?
I have seen several interviews with celebrities where they have mentioned the fact that one of their negative reactions to interviews are the fact that they get asked the same questions over and over. I'm beginning to understand what that feels like. Everyday, my office asks me how Terri's doing. Like there's going to be some huge change from day to day. I can't even make up answers anymore. I just mumble ok and keep working. One day I think I'll say the baby sprouted wings and left the womb under it's own power. That'll keep them talking. Not that they need encouragement.
I did get to head off an anti-gun person today. The office was talking about home invasions and they were joking that you need a gun around every corner of the house, just in case. The anti-gun popped up with..."But, why do you need a gun?" I just paused and said, "'Cause it does more damage than a wooden spoon." The laughter killed the rest of the discussion so there was no need for me to get in a lather. Other than that, the day has been pretty dull.

No comments: