Monday, November 17, 2003

Today was a nice easy day. I got to clean out my filing cabinet, post some of the nice homey touches back up in my little cube area, and just generally slack all day. Work was sporadic and not very taxing and with my supervisor having the day off things drifted along nicely.
This weekend I was very lazy work-wise. I should have been cleaning the house and steadily going through all of my stuff to prepare for the impending arrival of the kid. Did I do any of that? Hell no. I worked out on the treadmill a little, went to a Pens game (they lost) hung out at Glen and Amy's, played with Cole (which is to say I held him while he slept). And, I was just generally lazy. I'm sure I'm going to pay for it.
We have company coming in this weekend. I think they'd like a place to sleep which means I need to get working on that. And the living room and dining room looks as though they exploded into one another and then self-destructed. Terri and I need to get better as housekeepers. I could give a bunch of excuses, but laziness prevails both in preventing excuses and being the root cause of the whole issue.
Anyway, enough rambling. This week is shaping up to be rather busy, so hopefully I can carry the motivation home with me and put it to good use. I have an interesting idea for re-configuring the library which I can't wait to try out. But, since the library is not a necessity in a guest ready house, I may have to hold off on that.
I also need to finish the cat stand that I've been working on since last November. I now have everything at the house, carpet included. I just need a little time and space to work on it. This in addition to buying a last minute baby gift for Randy and Elizabeth, getting my hair cut, my oil changed, etc., etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.
Anyway, as stated before...enough rambling for today.

No comments: