Thursday, September 08, 2005

One thing I forgot to mention about Sunday was the conversation that my Uncle Bob and I had about the rising gas prices. He was recalling the time when he was a kid and they had sugar in abundance for very cheap prices. Then a sugar shortage. Prices skyrocketed, then leveled off, then came down just enough to stop people from bitching. A few years later coffee shortage. Skyrocketing prices, level, then a slight drop. Now gas (which is actually on it's second cycle). This is basically going to have people happy to pay 2.75 for a gallon of gas after what we've been exposed to. Whereas before all this people would have been outraged to pay that much. Seems like another conspiracy doesn't it?
Anyway, Monday Terri wasn't feeling well so she only went into work for a half day. When she got back, we all went to the Kiltie band alumni picnic at Carnegie Mellon. Which may seem slightly odd since Terri's never played in any band and I attended two rehearsals my freshman year for the Christmas concert and then quit. However,
The Warners, Susie, and The Mutchlers were all members of the Kiltie Band. And since the Warners and Susie usually end up running things between them every year, we get invited to hang out. Which is always a good opportunity for Gage and Katie to play together. Last year neither was exactly mobile, at least not for very long. Now they were running all over the grass field getting into trouble and interacting with the big kids. Before you know it, they'll be the ones playing volleyball and wondering what formation they'll be in that Saturday.
Tuesday was back to work work. No, that's not a typo. My project manager decided to extend her long weekend by one day and then she was having minor surgery on Wednesday so I was going to be pulling double duty for two days. It's not too difficult at the moment, we're in a slight lull. I mean we're busy, but we're not crazy. So, I can do my job and most of hers without too much inconvenience. That is until the very first e-mail Tuesday morning asking why data wasn't being captured for a certain program. So, everyone had to go back into the files and back into the records to find out where the mistake was made, if one was even made. So, Tuesday was an interesting day to say the least.
Wednesday was more of the same, just not as explosive. Although they came around in the afternoon to explain exactly how to pack up our desks for the big office move. Yes, in case I hadn't mentioned it, our entire office is picking up stakes and headed to another location. Hopefully it will be a better situation than the location leads me to believe.
Anyway, during the week or so that I hadn't blogged I found several interesting articles which of course I'm going to share whether you like it or not.
This was one of the best. A lot of prominent authors. I wanted to bid towards the beginning of the Stephen King auction just to say that I bid. However, the auction started about 3 hours ago at $9.99 and now it's up to $7,600.00 Somehow I don't think I'll be able to sneak in and win.
My reaction to this... Go. Go now. Go now, don't look back. Go now, don't look back, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
I had felt a great disturbance in the force.
The only other thing that struck me as funny was watching the Dukes of Hazzard on CMT this evening. It was the episode where they're filming a movie in Hazzard and the Dukes save the star in his runaway car. So they decide to put them into the movie and take them to Hollywood for a couple weeks. Boss and Roscoe force themselves along as parole officers for Bo and Luke. They spend all their time in Hollywood trying to sell the JD Hogg life story. They end up telling one producer that Boss should be played by Robert Redford and Roscoe should be played by Burt Reynolds. They were close. Reynolds ends up playing Boss Hogg in the Hazzard movie. Interesting how things work out twenty some years later.

No comments: