Friday, April 08, 2005

Well, let's see. I guess I'll report on the progress of the little music quiz and leave the rest open a little longer to see if any more guesses come across. The guesses have been decent thus far...
1. Barry Manilow
2. Prince (although I have talked frequently about "Sometimes It Snows In April", alas it's probably my 2nd possibly 3rd favorite)
3. Britney Spears- Matt I should award double points to Matt for getting this one. I didn't think anyone would get it. It was a trick question. He is correct in the fact that this one doesn't belong here. I can't stand her.
4. R.E.M.- Susie Nightswimming is correct.
5. Billy Joel
6. Elton John
7. Tori Amos
8. Johnny Cash
9. Frank Sinatra
10. Alison Krauss- Susie This was damn close. I like a lot of her songs and rarely does a newer one win out, but Whiskey Lullaby is damn good.
11. U2
12. Aerosmith
13. Bon Jovi
14. The Beatles
15. They Might Be Giants- Tom Particle Man...and he doesn't even win the fight at the end.
16. The Dead Milkmen- Tom Stuart. In the liner notes of the album where the lyrics should be it says, "Make up your own lyrics. Stuart would." And based on the article below..."I know it's the queers. They're in it with the aliens. They're building landing strips for gay martians. I swear to God."
17. The Eagles
18. Martina McBride
19. Harry Connick, Jr.
20. Bryan Adams

That's the update. The score is currently Susie-2 Tom-2 and Matt-1.
I don't even want to get into this article. I went off on a nice 4 letter tirade for close to an hour this morning and I'm still seething just thinking about it. Think about the implications.
Today, Cookie Monster decides to eat healthy...Tomorrow, Gonzo decides on rhinoplasty to "fit-in"...Next thing you know, Animal has a prescription for Ritalin. The list is endless.

No comments: