Monday, April 25, 2005

I guess I'm slowly coming to the realization that it just won't be possible for me to see the midnight showing of the new Star Wars movie. I've run out of scenarios that will allow me to a) find tickets and b) attend. When Lucas did his re-tooling and re-release of the original trilogy, we managed to scrounge tickets for the first showing on the first day. When Episode I was released, a small group of us waited outside overnight. Terri even got her hands in USA Today and at some point or another, we were all on television. Episode II saw me on a scaffold 25 feet in the air running a brush over Nicole Kidman to barter my way to tickets. And now, I've just run out of options. I know, woe is me. It's not like the movie only plays one day. Still, 5 out of 6 is a pretty good record. It's a shame to have it broken.
Speaking of Star Wars...
We were home visiting our respective parents this weekend (amidst the April snow) and my dad was watching The Empire Strikes Back. Now, I'm willing to cut Lucas quite a bit of slack...after Jar Jar Binks I have to. But this is truly going to have to be one kick-ass script to take that whiny adolescent wuss from Episode II and transform him into the galaxy's most powerful villian. Vader's presence in, what is now, Episode V is forceful. He takes charge, he deals with no one. Hayden has a long way to go. I mean most people thought Luke was the whiniest of the bunch til they met Hayden. At least you can see where Luke got it from.
Oh well, Happy Belated Birthday (by a week) to Mitch.

No comments: