Monday, June 07, 2004

Well, today was the first day back at work. As expected it sucked. I wonder, as I usually do at work, was I more upset being away from my son or just being at work? I realized today more than ever, I need a new job. I have never had a job in my professional career that even began to challenge my abilities. I have skated through every job I've ever had earning a slacker reputation because I could do the work necessary to the job in less time than most of my co-workers. And believe me, I'm in no way demeaning the people that I've worked with. They are some of the best friends I've made in my life and without them, I would certainly have a big gaping hole to try and fill. They are also some of Pittsburgh's best and brightest workers in their respective fields. I was just never able to lock on to the type of position that would suit me. I used to intentionally let things go at the smaller internet firm I worked at and then see how quickly I could accomplish an entire day's work. My record was just under an hour. About 56 minutes to accomplish about 8 hours worth of work. No wonder my freecell abilities shot up. So now, in addition to just looking for a new job...I'm looking for job fufillment. I can't just skate through another dead end job. I had a company that I was looking at, but being a smaller firm, they've been pretty hard to crack into. I've been slowly expanding my search, but so far nothing.
What does all that mean...not a damn thing to you, o readers of mine. Just me whining about my so called lot in life I guess.
Gage is doing well on his 11th day of life. There are lots of annoying new parent things I could say about him, but I don't want this blog to turn into...My son smiled for the first time today. He did it faster than any other kid I've ever seen. He's a freakin' genius...That annoys me and I won't bother anyone else with it. (Although he actually began smiling about 5 days ago and I think that is borderline genius)
The Calder Cup certainly didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. However, the Baby Pens put forth one hell of an effort and played in more post-season games than they ever had before. The Stanley Cup is going my way at the moment. Tampa Bay scored in the second overtime to force a game seven which stands at 1-0 Tampa Bay with about 7 minutes to go in the second period.
Now that I'm back to work I'm hoping to post on a more regular basis. However, life sometimes gets in the way so I won't promise. I'm also slowly beginning to work on a project with a friend from CMU that started with a great head of steam, but life like I said sometimes gets in the way. She will also yell at me for my use of the ... to space things out. She can't stand that and honestly I can't either, but looking over the posts, you'd never know it.
SCORE!!!!! 2-0 Tampa with 4 mintues to go. And I think it's time for me to go tonight. Although I will say that there are two reasons in my life to be sad at the moment. Ronald Reagan is indeed dead at 93 and less important on a grand scale of things, but very important to me, tonight is the absolute last hockey game of the season. No more hockey until August when the World Cup starts and who knows about next season.

No comments: