Thursday, June 24, 2004

The system we use at work decided to crash today in the middle of the most hectic month of the year. Needless to say things are a little touchy around the office. No one is getting anything done, but it's ticking off the manager and the supervisor. They want stuff to be getting done around the office, but there's nothing left to do that doesn't require the computer system. Wheeeee, what a predicament.
Anyway, all turned out well with the babysitting. I didn't realize that Terri was going to be on a conference call from the house, and Gage would never be totally alone with her. So, that made it a little better, not much, but a little.
Of course, the day I don't have a ton of extra non-work things to take care of is the day the system crashes. Such is the content of my life. Next week, once the hurried pace of June dies down in the office, the job hunting starts again in full swing. I want to be out of here by the end of summer. To that end, if anyone hears of anything, let me know.
Gage and I walked around the mall yesterday while Terri was in with her clients. We found out that when you're pregnant, everyone wants to make clothes for you. When you're nursing, look out. So far, we've only found one store that has nursing shirts and pajamas, etc. Makes it very difficult to build a wardrobe, or buy presents.
I've also been scouting different locations for printing pictures from digital media. So far the standard price seems to be about .29 cents per picture. Although I've found some coupons for 20 free pictures and some for .15 cents per picture. So, I'm going to spend some time, figuring out what pictures I want printed and how many I'll need. Then it's off to the different CVS, Rite-Aid and Eckerd's. Ah, I love beating the system. Will I actually save money? Who knows. However, I'll feel like I'm saving money. And, since it isn't a great trek to any of these stores, it's not like I'm driving 90 miles out of the way. We have an Eckerd one block before the house and a Rite-Aid one block after the house. I could actually walk to both. Oh well, I guess I've wasted enough free time today. I've got one or two minor administrative tasks and then it's out of here for the day.

No comments: