Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Terri called me at work to tell me that the dish is all hooked up. Of course she was watching TLC. That stupid channel reminds me of Oprah. They both give normally good people bad ideas.
The talk around the office today has been Bill Clinton and his book which is released today I believe. I don't have anything against Clinton per se. I mean, I did vote for the man twice. However, I don't see the reason to hype this book. It's about 1,000 pages long and I'm guessing only about 10 pages of that will be actual fact filled information that a reader might find interesting. I was in college when the whole Monica Lewinsky thing broke. Her brother, Mike, attended the same school. We got to experience first hand what a media circus it was. Radio stations called the campus constantly trying to track him down. The news crews came from far and wide and camped out. Mike was in a frat then and normally I'm not a big fan of fraternities and sororities. However, I was very impressed with their conduct. He stayed in the house and his brothers got him everything. They took notes in class for him, turned in his homework, explained to his professors why he couldn't be there personally, and most importantly, fended off the media with a chorus of, "No Comment." everytime one of them went outside. After a while the camera crews realized they couldn't stake him out forever and left. I chalk it up to a small victory for organized friendship. Where was I going with all of this? The sex in the book is what will generate the frenzy. Then when people realize that there's no content they'll back off quickly. At least that's my hope. Who knows? Maybe I'm just bitter because no one is handing me a ten million dollar advance for my words. In any case, I'll wait for it to hit the dollar bin at Barnes and Noble before I pick it up.
After the marathon post to catch you all up to speed, there's not a whole lot left to report. I have class tonight so it'll be a while before I get to see the little one. Last night I ended up putting him in the Snugli and walking him on the treadmill. It worked like a charm. He slept the entire time I was walking. The only drawback was the fact that I can't walk forever like some one man version of "The Long Walk"
I also didn't realize what a popular place the zoo was to hang out. Mark, Robyn, and Jacob go all the time and for father's day Glen, Amy, and Cole went. I guess this means that we'll be taking Gage sometime in the not too distant future.

No comments: