Monday, June 02, 2003

Let's Go Ducks! Let's Go Ducks! If I had my wish, when they induct Martin Brodeur into the Hockey Hall of Fame (which I would stop if I could), there would be a little interactive TV display right next to his plaque. When you pushed the button it would play the clip of him dropping his stick and deflecting the puck into his own net for Anaheim's second goal of the night. And it would play it over and over and over and over. That would make me happy when I go to visit. Hopefully this evening the Ducks can even up the series at home and gain a little momentum going back to the pit that is Jersey.
This morning my computer lit up with the discussion of Mario Lemieux becoming a New York Ranger. Thankfully before much more speculation went on, Lemieux issued a statement saying that if he was going to play next year, he was going to be a Pittsburgh Penguin. Now we just have to figure out how to convince him to actually play this season. I think his decision will be based largely on the coach that they choose. If he has confidence in the coach and feels that they will be a viable contender, not Stanley Cup caliber, but playoff bound, then he'll take the ice again. I think most of the league is banking on a major shake-up in the CBA coming in September of 2004. Ottawa could certainly benefit, as well as Buffalo. But, since I don't do well at predicting the future, I think I'll just wait with everyone else and see how things turn out.
Today is the first business day of the last month of the fiscal year at the University. That means that we have about 28 days to get everything paid and put into the system. So, I'll be putting in approximately 12-15 hour days from now til the end of June. What fun. The only consolation comes in opening that paycheck when it's all said and done. Not much else is going on today. The weekend was spent getting a ton of stuff done around the house in addition to getting back to a little physical activity. I got to ride about 40 miles on the exercise bike while watching the hockey game and Dover race. I also got a graduation announcement for my cousin Nick. I can recall with clarity when Nick's parents (my uncle and aunt) were married. Which means I also remember with clarity when Nick was born. Now he's graduating from high school. Nothing like getting a reminder that you're getting older. Anyway, congrats Nick!

No comments: