Saturday, August 26, 2006

Head over to The Mutchler's blog to see some pictures of new baby Nicholas. And Matt, 3 is not plenty.
For the first time since 2002, I'm sitting in Pennsylvania on the last weekend in August. No one that I know that normally attends the Nascar race in Bristol is actually attending this year. Trust me, I like watching the race on television, but Bristol is so much better live. Hopefully all my drivers will perform well and win me some cash since I didn't make it down this year. One of the things that I really miss is flipping back and forth on the scanner and listening to the drivers. Bristol is a half-mile track with 165,000 people packed around it. There are 43 cars that when running nose to tail take up most of the track so when you get bumped for position you lose a lot of space. I would have loved to be listening to Tony Stewart's scanner when he got bumped and lost 11 spots because there was no opening in line.

No comments: