Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Apparently I must look like death warmed over. I've had three different people in three completely different situations tell me that I should see a doctor in just the past week alone. Of course it doesn't help that I can't remember the last time I actually saw my doctor. Maybe I should schedule a physical. Maybe they'll tell me that I have some weird disabling disease that will put me on workmen's comp for the rest of my life. I don't know if I'm coping better or worse than some of my coworkers. I took a couple of boxes of work home over the weekend and as I was leaving one of my coworkers saw me. He freaked out and thought I was quitting. I guess it's nice to be wanted. In a conversation with one of the newer people, it was mentioned that August was typically a slow month. I agreed and said that was why I was trying to get a jump on my work by taking it home. It was asked what was going to happen when it really started to get busy. I said that those who were aware were already preparing and those that weren't were standing on the train tracks going, "What's that noise?"

No comments: