Friday, July 09, 2004

Well, tonight we're taking my brother and sister-in-law to see Unbridled. I think they'll like it. Hell, after being stuck in the frozen tundra of North Dakota anything will seem interesting, right? Ok, it's probably not that bad there, but during the course of conversation they said that last winter got down around 75 BELOW 0. That's -75 degrees. Minus. As in less than 0. As in not a positive number. That's not a good thing. It's not even a, "wow dude that's cold" thing. That's insane. Positively insane. There are things you can do when it's cold. You can MOVE to a more suitable climate. Maybe if I was a polar bear or a chunk of ice 75 below wouldn't be bad. I might even like it.
Enough about that. Work is driving me insane. In addition to the fact that the project is already a complete and utter nightmare, now there are 85 different levels of access that I have to go through. I need to push this thing right into the middle and get the hell out dumping it in someone else's lap. I'm also beginning to suspect that maybe in light of everything that's happened, they are actually hoping that I will leave on my own. That could just be my paranoia talking.
Anyway, enough about work. Why have something I can't stand encroach upon my little creative endeavors? This weekend is going to be fairly packed with stuff that I need to get done. In addition to dinner tonight, tomorrow I have to sit in front of a computer all day and finish my internet course. It has to be done. I have no other choice. Thankfully there's a television in the library with the computer, but even so, it's going to be a long tedious day.
Even if I manage to finish before the day is out, there's still more yard work and house work that will need to be finished. So, it's a never ending cycle. And, I could always job hunt.
Oh well, all that aside so that I can enjoy tonight. It's been almost two months since I've seen Lindsy and the band play so it will be a fun night out. And, the little one gets to spend some quality time with the grandparents.
Oh, and did I mention that Duran Duran's album Decade is a pretty good album to work to?

No comments: