Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Ok, I'm having some trouble viewing other pages, but I'm not going to let that stop me. Everyone has been updating but me it seems. Anyway, let's see what's happened since I last found the time to blog. In my last post I said I had several things to blog about, but with my failing memory...they're gone. They obviously weren't all that important. But, what in my life is nowadays?
Anyway, I did inherit the nightmare project that kept me away from my blog so much last summer/fall. However, that won't happen this year. Mostly because I'm going to try and get the hell out of here before the project gets into the nightmare stage. Although, the people here at work have already managed to screw it up and I'm working with less than 30 documents at the moment. Last year it grew to over 4,000 I think. So, there are plenty of mistakes left to be made.
On Wednesday the 30th, we had our last day of the fiscal year. I'm not sure why, (though the new manager will certainly take the credit for it), but this year's close went smoother than the last two I've been a part of. I think it has to do with the fact that we have almost as many temps as we have regular employees. However, I didn't have to work monster overtime to save their collective asses. Not that I would have done it this year, with a new baby and all, but thankfully the situation didn't arise.
We met with the preacher at the church we've been going to about getting Gage dedicated (the Baptist's version of christening/baptism/etc.) We're also in talks about becoming members ourselves. So, that's another life struggle that we'll be tackling since once the Catholics have their hooks in you, they don't like to let go very easily.
Friday night we had dinner at Niki and Tony's house. We got to see James' nursery and Gage got to try out some of his stuff. The mural that Tony and his brother painted on the wall behind the crib is really cool looking. Glen, Amy, and Cole were also there for dinner and we watched Ken win yet again on Jeopardy. I'm really interested to see who or what actually stops this man's streak.
On Saturday I spent about 8 hours working out in the yard. I got the yard mowed and the hillside weed whacked and raked. Boy did I ache Saturday night. Tom was back for the holiday weekend and headed over Saturday night to hang out. Terri and the baby still both have colds so they weren't feeling up to going out. So, we all just sat around and talked.
Sunday morning, Terri, Gage, and I went to church. Gage sleeps pretty much through the entire service. They announced that 20,000 troops would be coming home from Iraq. One of the women in the congregation is hoping that her son is among them. Then, the preacher announced that he was saddened over the fact that the slots bill passed in Pennsylvania. I know that gambling goes against the church and the like, but I was definitely in favor of the slots bill since revenue from that is supposed to help the Penguins with a new arena. So, I just kept that little bit to myself.
After church we headed down to Terri's parents house for lunch/dinner. Her Uncle Charlie and Uncle Regis were there to meet Gage for the first time. Everyone seemed to enjoy him. And, other than one of the cousins I can't stand showing up, all went ok.
Monday we headed down to my parent's house for a cookout. We also got to see my brother, whom I haven't seen for about two years since he joined the air force. We also got to meet his wife, my sister-in-law for the first time. She seems like a nice person. They are expecting in October so if they ever move back to the area Gage will have a cousin very close in age to play with. They aren't sure if it's going to be a boy or a girl yet. There's a chance that they won't be able to find out until the birth. So, I don't know if I'm going to be an aunt or an uncle.
And, now it's today. John Kerry screwed up my normal commute by closing down several city blocks (not a good way to earn my potential vote). So, Terri had to drag Gage and herself out of bed early this morning and drive me into work so I could be at a job I can't stand on time. Oh, and the woman who managed to end up with my promotion started today. Woo-Hoo!!!!
One last set of strange things I've seen and heard over the past week or so.

An SUV driving around a speed bump in a parking lot. An SUV! No wonder I can't stand most of the idiots that end up buying those things.

At random time on B-94 (which used to be a vast wasteland of Britney, Beyonce, N-suck, and the Backstreet Boys) Under the Bridge and Give it Away by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen Just So Very Wrong.

And this of course. Courtesy of Dwight's trip to visit Joe and see other sites of California.

I think that's all for now.

No comments: