Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Houston was a good trip. Gage was incredibly well behaved on the plane ride up and back. The stewardess couldn't believe how nice he was. All of Terri's relatives that hadn't previously met Gage loved him as well. The wedding photographers spent more time stalking us than the newly married couple. Gage was hitting on two girls at the wedding. One was a cute little 5 year old in a pretty red dress. The other was a fairly hammered bridesmaid. I must say, he has good taste.
Once we got to the Houston airport, we had to take a shuttle to the rental car center. They talked me into upgrading to a Ford Taurus. Yes, I said, upgrading to a Ford Taurus. The car had about 6,800 miles on it. And it had a cassette deck. No CD player. A cassette deck. Which meant that the CDs I packed were pretty useless. As expected Houston radio has a lot of country. On the way to the hotel we stopped at a Sonic for breakfast. So, I finally got to eat at a Sonic. Then on the same road as the hotel, Half-Price Books baby. So, we had a nice place to kill time. And there was a Jack-in-the-box across from the hotel. We met most of Terri's family for lunch and had some Chinese tasting Mexican food. The rehearsal dinner was a nice down home barbecue. The wedding was nice, the reception was fun and the trip back was uneventful. So, all-in-all a good trip.
Well, I decided to do the 150 movies thing. So far I'm up to 2. My criteria is that I've never seen the movie (or the whole movie) before. So Die Hard wouldn't count at all. Neither does The Last Boy Scout which I'm currently watching. So, the first movie I saw was First Daughter with Michael Keaton and Katie Holmes. Not too bad. The second movie was Ice Princess with Joan Cusack, Michelle Trachtenberg, and Kim Cattrall. It also had a cameo by Brian Boitano.

No comments: