Tuesday, December 12, 2006

On Friday night Terri had the late shift so I was watching Gage. At around 8 there wasn't really anything on television and I figured that most of the holiday retards would have cleared out of the local shopping haunts. So, I called Terri and told her we were headed out to do some shopping. I bundled Gage up and we headed up the stairs. Gage was singing "Jingle Bells" at the top of his lungs and that's when I noticed the front end of a car in my sight line at the top of the hill. That meant that the car was parked in the middle of the road. Then I noticed the bubble lights. It was a police car just parked there. I live on a dead end alley road and this was quite a surprise. Then I noticed there were two more cars and a police wagon parked behind the first car. I turned to the right and there was another car in the parking slot next door. I turned to the left and there was another car in the neighbor's driveway. So, there were 6 total police vehicles blocking our tiny little dead end alley. Gage is still singing away and the only thought running through my mind is that the police are on a manhunt and I'm about to be shot at. Then we noticed the nice neighbor lady in her kitchen so we headed up to see if she knew what was going on. Turns out the alarm went off in the not-so-nice neighbor's house and these were the responders. And, apparently they couldn't go in the house til they got hold of someone. Whatever the time limit is, they apparently went past that and forced the door open. The brand new door to his brand new addition. What made me laugh is that it was his front door that had the alarm go off. But the screen door was locked from the inside. Instead of just wrenching open the screen door apparently they broke the frame and some of the hinges on his new door. That's karma coming back around for you.

No comments: