Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I'll get to the actual post that I had been writing in just a minute. I just got a phone call from Matt. He's been visiting relatives since last Friday and will continue to be visiting until after the new year. He was apparently out shopping and felt the pressing need to call and inform me that he could buy me, brace yourself, VALENTINE'S DAY CANDY!!!!! For the love of God, it's not even 2007 yet. I just don't understand. I don't get it. I don't even want to try. Now, back to the original post that I was working on.

Well, it's not quite the end of the year, but I did hit a number that I've been striving for all year. On January 1st, I listed the following items...

1. Drop 20% of my body weight
2. Double the number of novels read in 2005 from 15 to 30 (yes, I know it's sad that I only managed to clear 15 novels in the past year, that's why I'm trying to change it.)
3. Blog a lot more often with a lot more consistency
4. Begin writing for me
5. Visit family and friends

Number 1 didn't happen. I got promoted, got busy, and got lazy. I am ending the year 10 pounds or so lighter than I entered it, but I had much higher aspirations.
Number 2 didn't happen either. I didn't even make the 15. So I have two things to work on automatically for next year. Number 4 didn't happen. Number 5 happened sporadically, but not enough. There were many more that we couldn't get to and I do apologize. Hell, we went months at a time not seeing people here in Pittsburgh this year. Now, on to number 3 and the reason for this post. I decided on January 1st that the number I wanted to hit in order to satisfy number 3 was 250. That meant I could skip 115 days during the year and still make 250. Well, today's post is number 250. It took me almost the entire 12 months, but I did satisfy that requirement. Hopefully at least 1 or 2 of the 250 were worth reading. I know they weren't all masterpieces, but they weren't all angry rants either which is a good balance for me. So, I'll probably give a similar list for 2007 (maybe some additions, some scaled back aspirations), but for now I'm happy to have hit 250 posts for 2006 and there are still 5 days to go.
And, for anyone who is counting, it's 50 days til Valentine's Day.

No comments: