Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Well, let's see.
I know, it's been nothing but hockey but after a year and a half, what did you expect. I actually moved up one standing from dead last to second to last in the fantasy pool. That's pretty amazing considering my Penguin laden team.
Last night St. Louis beat Chicago.
Last night Toronto beat Philadelphia.
That means that 29 teams in the NHL have at least 1 win in this season.
Guess which one doesn't. I'll give you four guesses and the first three can be football teams if you want.
That's right, Mario, Sid, Ziggy, the Wrecking Ball, Flurry, and Edzo don't have a win. They are 1 point under .500 due to tie points, but they haven't cracked the win column. The way they are going, they can most likely qualify for the playoffs with 75 or so points. Scary.
Gage is still sleeping poorly. Terri had the little space heater on in his room during the couple really cold nights we had. So, we left his door cracked a little so it didn't get too hot. About 4 in the morning, he gets out of bed, walks into our room and tries to wake up Terri. Apparently that didn't work too well so he walks around the other side of the bed and somehow gets me awake. As soon as I wake up, that's when he starts crying. So, guess who ended up sleeping in our bed again.
I got hit with two interesting things at work today. One, I'm being trained on audio capture and recording...ok, not so much trained as just having a walk-thru since I already know what I'm doing in that area. I'm getting this as back up for out of town conferences. Which means potential travel. Cool. The conferences are always somewhere nice. San Diego. Orlando. San Francisco. To steal a phrase from Joe So...good times.
The second thing is probably not a good thing to announce over the internet, so I guess I shouldn't have mentioned it. If you're truly interested grab me on IM or email or something. Or, hell come visit. I'm sure we haven't seen you in a while and we'd like to.
Anyway, I'd like to put a stop to all the speculation about Rookie of the Year. That award, along with Lord Stanley's Cup is coming to Pittsburgh. You other teams can fight over the Vezina or Norris trophy since we don't have goaltending or defense worth a crap.
Oh and Happy Anniversary to me. I know the 29th had a big mushy post, but this was our church wedding and reception anniversary...some people think that's important too.

No comments: