Wednesday, October 05, 2005

It's a hockey night in Pittsburgh
Today is a great day for hockey.
I am so geeked. At the moment there's 7 hours left til the puck drops.
Hockey is returning. 15 games, a league high, all in the same night.
Names like Lemieux, Hasek, Recchi, and Sakic are hitting the ice.
New guys like Crosby, Ovechkin, and Carter will be lacing up the skates for the first time in the NHL.
Even the refs are back.
Lord Stanley is comin' home.
I fully expect to be witnessing another scene like this come next June or July.
And yes, I was there to see that happen. So was Tom.
Hockey is back with a vengenance.
Now, I'm not expecting the Pens to go 82-0, hell, considering they hold the active streak for most losses on opening night, I'm not even sure about tonight's outcome, but dammit...hockey is back.
When I'm seated comfortably in the recliner, Woodchuck Amber in hand and I can hear Mike Lange say, "It's a hockey night in Pittsburgh.", I may break down and cry.

No comments: