Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Another week gone by. I have no idea where the time goes. I'm currently working on finishing up a project that I started sometime around Gage's birth. I hope to have it completely done by Sunday, although my time tables never seem to quite work out. I also need to install the new light in the dryer room, as well as clear up the books in the library. In addition to that I'm working on some calculations for a friend and numerous other projects that seem to just suck time right out of my life. One day I hope to get a handle on all of this stuff.
At the moment, I'm reeling from two different time related items. One, Gage is four months old already. One third of a year has passed since he was born. He's already lived through his first full season. He had his four month check-up this morning and all is well. He's in the 75th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight. He also gets to start on cereal. I wanted him to have Golden Grahams, but the doctor seems to think that the rice cereal is more appropriate for his age. I reluctantly agreed. I still think he could at least handle Fruity Pebbles or something. He also got a complete set of shots so I'm sure he'll be a cranky little boy this evening.
The second piece of time related information that is kind of mind boggling is the fact that Terri and I will celebrate our 12th anniversary tomorrow. So much has happened in the past twelve years both within our lives and in the world in general. One thing hasn't changed too much. George Bush was President then, and he's President now. Ok, different man, different plan. We've made friends, lost friends, made enemies, turned enemies to friends, created families, watched loved ones pass on, watched new life spring up in it's place and all the other stuff that rolls on in 12 years. I guess I'm sort of sentimental, but still in love. I, like everyone else I know, am amazed that she's stayed with me all these years.
This could go either way, I think. However, this is still incredibly iffy. Mostly because of her. She's flaky at best and I don't see the homespun quality that June had coming out in her acting. Hopefully, I'll be surprised. I did notice an odd connection with Joaquin that I never realized before. Hopefully I won't end up in a mental breakdown like his purported one on the set of the movie. Of course my brother didn't die of a drug overdose. In fact, my brother is all set to become a father really soon. Which reminds me that I owe him a phone call. Nothing like blogging to remind you of family obligations.
Tomorrow, I'm planning on blowing off work and relaxing on my anniversary. Then we're going to turn the little one over to Grammy, head to the restaurant for early dinner reservations and then it's over to Heinz Field to see Mia, Joy, and Julie in one of their last games. I'm going to miss watching them play. It's almost, not quite, but pretty close, as good as hockey. Which, if the morons in charge keep at it the way they are, I won't see any of this year. Which, while it sucks for me and other hockey fans, means that Gage's first hockey game will have to be postponed. We had plans to get tickets to the home opener and really introduce him correctly to the game. I think Alison is the only one that I know that's happy with no hockey this year. She'll tell you that it's because she and Matt now have Tivo and she would be subjected to more games than usual, but the real reason is that she watched some of the playoffs with Matt last year and she's starting to convert. Slowly, but surely, we'll reel her to our side. No hockey also means that Nathan's first hockey game will be postponed. I think the newest reality program should include the owner's rep and player's rep on skates with the "enforcers" skating around them. Everytime they make another stupid assumption about the game...WHAM...up against the boards. A concussion or two later and we'll have this thing wrapped up in time to get a 75 game season in.
I guess that's enough for today. My insane project is almost over so that's one nice thing to look forward to.

No comments: