Friday, September 10, 2004

Thought I'd get this out of the way while I had a little time (and skipping out on completing the rest of my work here on Friday afternoon.)

My picks for the LaPlaca Open just in case you cared why I chose what I chose. And as a side note, I'm sad that I don't get to whomp on Joe this year. However, I am hoping to beat Mike, and Craig who only beat me by a point and Dwight who beat me by three points. Anyway, without further ado...

10. LAX (NBC)- Smoke 'em if you got folks, this plane's goin' down. Neither of the two main stars can really carry a show and I can't see the interaction between Heather and Blair being all that good. I mean Blair used up all her good stuff with Jo.

9. Veronica Mars (UPN)- Nancy Drew on Acid. Don't get me wrong, I like Enrico, but ex-sheriff/private eye? I don't think so. And a high school girl sleuthing in a town with big secrets, can we say Pasadena?

8. Dr. Vegas (CBS)- Place your bets, place your bets 12-7 this one goes to TV heaven. Too similar to Las Vegas on NBC. Joey Pants failed once on CBS, Tom Sizemore might be in jail by mid-season and Rob Lowe is always hit or miss.

7. Commando Nanny (WB)- Yes sir Major Dad sir, whoops wrong show. If McRaney's health holds out, it has a slim chance, but I'm guessing it will be AWOL very soon. Especially since they can't seem to get the leading man straight. That coupled with the fact that it's based on the life of the guy that brought us this shit and I hope it not only fails, but sucks out all this guy's money so he can't produce any more crappy television.

6. Jack & Bobby (WB)- Does anyone else think Kennedy's when they hear the premise of this show. Two kids being raised and one will eventually be President? Hopefully they won't keep hyping that fact or it will drive the show into the ground faster than being sat on by Ted Kennedy.

5. Rodney (ABC) - The generic Roseanne, which is like saying I'll have the generic's generic or something like that. He's not as good as a comedian and the premise makes it sound like Hayseed Seinfeld. This might have a shot at the time slot after Reba on the WB, but not on ABC.

4. Clubhouse (CBS)- Strike Three, you're out. Lots of star power, Dean Cain, Christopher Lloyd, Mare Winningham, Kirsten Storms, but nowhere to go with it. First off, the premise is Baseball which starts with B. What else starts with B? BORING. My other gripe with this show is the fact that Kirsten Storms has played a squeaky clean blonde in everything else she's been in. Now, all of a sudden I'm supposed to buy her as the "rebellious" older sister? What's she going to do get strawberry blonde highlights?

3. Listen Up (CBS)- Jason Alexander...what else is there to say? I heard a radio personality say that one of the many flaws in this show (too many to list actually) is the fact that although this is loosely based on Tony Kornheiser, the real Tony has more charisma and charm than Alexander. The other main thing this has going against it is the two-fold. The second banana trying to play leading man and the Seinfeld curse. Come to think of it, why didn't I rank this higher?

2. Complete/Common Savages (ABC)- Terminated/Fired/Cancelled? The fact that they can't get the name right doesn't give them much to cheer about. With no women present on the show at the moment, what's the point? Are they going for the young gay crowd? Somehow I doubt teenage girls are going to flock to this show. And Erik Von Detten is like a mini-LaPlaca in his own right.

1. North Shore (Fox)- The North Shore, soon will be making another run, promising something for everyone. The Love Boat on land. I'm guessing Charo checks in by episode 7 and everything is cancelled by a tidal wave or an earthquake shortly thereafter.

Ok, that's my picks for this year. All newcomers, who, in my opinion, aren't worth the tape they're transferred to. Feel free to pick a fight if you'd like, I'll be sure to jab back.

No comments: