Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ah, The Sunrise...Now Where Have I Seen That Before

Ok, yes, I shouldn't be taking a break. I still have more left to do, but with less than 2 hours before I have to be showered and in the car on my way to work in the office, I figured I didn't have time for another movie, so I'd add the ones I'd completed. After breaking the seal with Meet the Robinsons last night, I quickly went through, Pittsburgh with Jeff Goldblum and Ed Begley, Jr. With the exception of maybe (and that's a stretch) Jeff Goldblum, there's not one actual real person in this movie who comes off as even remotely normal. I'm not sure how Jeff talked everyone into this, but it wasn't the greatest. After that, I went for one of those movies that everyone assumes I saw, but I never got around to. Road House It was pretty much what I had expected, maybe even a little more violent. Then I put in Nacho Libre. I was most disappointed in this one. It seemed to me like a bad imitation of Napoleon Dynamite. Right down to the dorky mexican-lite sidekick. Then I just finished up Walk the Line. I certainly wasn't expecting anything from this movie. Being a big Johnny Cash fan there isn't really any way to even come close. I did think that Joaquin and Reese did a passable job. It's just very hard to buy anyone as Johnny who doesn't have that completely low voice full of gravel. Having not seen the movie or really paid much attention as to who was in it, I was surprised to see Robert Patrick as Johnny's daddy Ray. Not because it was bad casting, but because this has been playing on satellite recently and he also plays the father role and they are essentially the same character. Anyway, now I'm up to 5.

No comments: