Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Just a short post as I am fast approaching "lastday" and I have much to do. Tomorrow, among other things is Gage's first day of trick-or-treating. I know that he'll flirt with any girl that he gets a chance too, so I'll probably have a lot of candy at the house.
I was out this evening buying a couple of gifts to send to my cousin and his fiancee and I was in Best Buy (I know...bad idea) and I thought that I would see how much Logan's Run was selling for. Turns out, I picked it up for $5.99. So, on the eve of my 30th birthday I watched an entire movie about a society that eliminates you on your 30th birthday. If I had a crystal embedded in my hand, it would be blinking red like crazy right now. My palm would look like Rudolph's nose on acid.
Although there were certainly parts of the society that I liked. The women were dressed nice and scantily and there seemed to be no marriage type arrangements. Along with that seemed to be no family responsibilities. So, if I was only living to thirty, that would certainly be the society to do it in. However, I think my life is going along fairly well right now. I just need to nail down that new job with the better paycheck and everything should fall right into place for several years to come.
I think that's enough for tonight. I need to get to sleep since I have to wake up early, so that I can go into work early, so that I can get out early to watch Gage collect candy he can't eat from people we don't know. Maybe they are right when they say I'm crazy.

No comments: