Monday, August 02, 2004

Well, Friday we worked around the house trying to get all those little projects that build up taken care of. On Saturday I headed out to cut the grass only to be foiled again by the Pittsburgh weather.
Saturday night I headed down to Chiodo's bar. This bar has been operating in Pittsburgh since 1947. I'll contend (as will many others) that Chiodo's has the best beer selection in Pittsburgh. They also have really reasonable prices. Most import beers are $3.00. Anyway, Mark, Tom, Adam (Mark's brother), and I headed down to have a few drinks and hang out with Tony, who was guest bartending. The reason he was guest bartending is because it could be the demise of Chiodo's. Apparently Walgreen's Drugstore has put in a bid to buy and subsequently demolish the bar. It would be quite a shame, but it has to pass through all sorts of channels before it actually happens. We also met up with Diane and Ed at Chiodo's. So, it was a pretty good night.
Sunday, we headed to church and then back home so that I could make a cake for someone's 30th birthday. A nice tombstone cake with the inscription..."Here lies Tom's hair. After thirty years it left him bare."
So, we hung out with Tom and Tiff (a buggy driver from college) on Sunday night. Today, Terri and Gage came to visit me at my office and we went out to lunch. Everyone at the office loves Gage. They're impressed with the fact that he's so alert and mobile.
That's about all for today I guess.

No comments: