Monday, February 04, 2008

It's Official...I'm Screwed


Well, go ahead and laugh, everyone else has. And, while you're doing that, you can meet my daughter (name pending...I'm sure that will cause several more posts in and of itself.)
Tonight, instead of relaxing and watching the Pens beat the Devils, I have to clean out 1/2 of the loft so that someone can have her scrapbooking area available to her. This may be the first time in 15 1/2 years that I've lost a bet to my wife. I think the only one truly happy by all of this is Gage who adamantly kept insisting that he wanted a little sister. We're going to videotape that for later review. Like when she breaks his favorite toy, or starts dating his best friend.

3 comments:

iSuze said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!

Just wait Bill, you're going to be like that new song by Carrie Underwood. "All American Girl," about the dad who wanted a little boy but fell so in love with his baby girl he couldn't have imagined life without her.

Tom said...

No, I think Bill is going to be more like that new song by Rodney Atkins, "Cleaning This Gun", about the dad who meets his daughter's date.

iSuze said...

These are the lyrics I think you should have on your main page instead of the Rodney Atkins song, which I also like.

But you can't beat King George when it comes to heart-felt raw emotion. Here's his new one: "I Saw God Today"

Just walked down the street to the coffee shop
Had to take a break
I'd been by her side for 18 hours straight
Saw a flower growin' in the middle of the sidewalk
Pushin' up through the concrete
Like it was planted right there for me to see
The flashin' lights
The honkin' horns
All seemed to fade away
In the shadow of that hospital at 5:08
I saw God today

I've been to church
I've read the book
I know he's here
But I don't look
Near as often as I should
Yeah, I know I should
His fingerprints are everywhere
I just slowed down to stop and stare
Opened my eyes and man I swear
I saw God today

Saw a couple walkin' by, they were holdin' hands
Man she had that glow
Yeah I couldn't help but notice she was startin' to show
Stood there for a minute takin' in the sky
Lost in that sunset
Splash of amber melted in the shades of red

I've been to church
I've read the book
I know he's here
But I don't look
Near as often as I should
Yeah, I know I should
His fingerprints are everywhere
I just slowed down to stop and stare
Opened my eyes and man I swear
I saw God today

Got my face pressed up against the nursery glass
She's sleepin' like a rock
My name on her wrist
Wearin' tiny pink socks
She's got my nose, she's got her mama's eyes
My brand new baby girl
She's a miracle
I saw God today