Wednesday, September 29, 2021

29 Years

Ever since that first September 29th, that number has been special, but I could never have imagined making it all the way to 29 years. I mean, when you're young, you imagine forever and when you say, "I Do" it's supposed to mean forever, but that passage of time has a way of changing people, circumstances, and perception. We're definitely not the same people now we were back then. Hell, I'm almost a whole person heavier at this point. There are lines on our faces and gray in our hair and though we still passingly resemble the photos from back then, we're not the naive teenagers we once were.

Through the past 29 years, we've seen quite a bit of change and growth and I believe we're stronger in spite of all of it. I have a hard time believing that I'd change anything about the past 29 years because all of those decisions, all of that "experience" still has me with you by my side and I don't want that to change through 29 more years or 29 more decades. I loved you back then, I love you now, and I'll love you for always.

And though I usually close with song lyrics, I thought I'd put a little spin on this special year by using song lyrics for all 29 of our years.

29 - 1993 “Yes, you want her. Look at her, you know you do. Possible she want you too, there is one way to ask her. It don't take a word, not a single word. Go on and kiss the girl.”

29 - 1994 “With your arms open wide, want you here by my side. Come to me. Darlin' rescue me.”

29 - 1995 “I want a new life. And I want it with you. If you feel the same, don't ever let it go. You gotta believe in the spirit of love. It'll heal all things.”

29 - 1996 “Someday we'll all be gone, but lullabies go on and on. They never die. That's how you and I will be.”

29 - 1997 “And even if they have to run away, she's gonna marry that boy someday.”

29 - 1998 “Between now and then til I see you again I'll be loving you. Love, me."

29 - 1999 “If he poured his heart into a glass and offered it like wine, she could drink and be back in time for the morning papers.”

29 - 2000 “Now everyone knows just how much I needed that gal. She wouldn't have gone far away If only you'd started ringing your bell.”

29 - 2001 “Some people search forever, for that one special kiss. I can't believe it's happening to me.”

29 - 2002 “When I look back, I will always recall. Moment for moment, this was the moment. The greatest moment of them all."

29 - 2003 “Why be alone when we can be together, baby? You can make my life worthwhile. I can make you start to smile.”

29 - 2004 “A whole new world; with new horizons to pursue. I'll chase them anywhere. There's time to spare. Let me share this whole new world with you.”

29 - 2005 “Now some people say, ‘Happiness takes so very long to find.’ Well, I'm finding it hard leaving your love behind me.”

29 - 2006 “'Cause when we were together, it made the dream come true. If I had only one friend left, I'd want it to be you.”

29 - 2007 “Let the love I have for you live in your heart and beat forever (together my love). Forever."

29 - 2008 “One day our generation is gonna rule the population. So, we keep on waiting (waiting). Waiting on the world to change.”

29 - 2009 “Now I understand. You've always been the one who stood out from the crowd. You're my inspiration.”

29 - 2010 “Huh, it's hard to believe, but you're gonna miss this. You're gonna want this back. You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast. These are some good times. So, take a good look around. You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this."

29 - 2011 “More than words is all I ever needed you to show. Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me, 'cause I'd already know.”

29 - 2012 “Marry me a little, body, heart, and soul. Passionate as hell.”

29 - 2013 “Strong and wild, slow and easy. Heart and soul, so completely. I love the way you love me.”

29 - 2014 “When there's age around my eyes, and gray in your hair. And it only takes a touch to recall the love we shared.”

29 - 2015 “And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways. Maybe just the touch of a hand. Oh, me I fall in love with you every single day.”

29 - 2016 “We'll look back someday, at this moment that we're in, and I'll look at you and say, ‘And I thought I loved you then.’”

29 - 2017 “When the span of forever just never seems long enough. That's how you know it's love.”

29 - 2018 “I don't need eyes to see the love you bring to me. No matter where I go and I know that you'll be there. Forever more a part of me, you're everywhere.”

29 - 2019 “You're a saint, you're a goddess, the cutest, the hottest, a masterpiece. It's too good to be true, nothing better than you in my wildest dreams. And I know that I can't ever tell you enough that all I need in this life is your crazy love.”

29 - 2020 “As long as we live, it's you and me baby. There ain't nothin' wrong with that.”

29 - 2021 “They said, ‘I bet they'll never make it.’ But just look at us holding on. We're still together, still going strong. You're still the one I run to. The one that I belong to. You're still the one I want for life. (You're still the one). You're still the one that I love. The only one I dream of. You're still the one I kiss goodnight.”

No comments: